Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Politics and The Holy Roman Catholic Church and a few words about MS Sarandons error in refering to the Holy Father as a Nazi

It comes every four years and starts earlier every year. Yep you guessed it the Presidential Primaries are on their way. The promises flow enemies are made and strange partnerships arise. But as a Catholic what is our role in politics? To my understanding my opinions are formed by reading the Bible and looking at canon law etc... It is a somewhat tricky subject. Many will hang me in effigy for my opinions but here we go. One caveat I do not speak for the Catholic church and have no authority to do so. What I do is pray and what comes to my heart I voice. With that said here we go.
In my humble opinion the Holy Roman Catholic Church has very little to do with politics. "Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's. Now this does not totally remove raising our voices to our Congress person when a bill is to be voted on that Catholics as a whole have a opinion on. Bills or this nature would include bills on Abortion, Education, the welfare of our old and young, euthanasia and bills that create a social policy that  The Holy Father finds either just or objectionable.
Let us take a look at one example. Please understand I do not take a political position in the coming statements. On my car sits a bumper sticker it is not kind but makes a very important statement. The bumper sticker reads Nancy Pelosi is a ardent Catholic and I'm the Easter Bunny. Still yet there is a less kind bumper sticker that reads Catholics who support abortion giving Christ a bad name since 1973. Yes these are harsh but the stated position of The Holy Roman Catholic Church states that abortion is the taking if a human life, so we can all call it what it is murder of a unborn child. 4,000 fetuses die by the cruelest means ever seen. They are basically torn apart by suction remember this is 4,000 souls killed each day. That is more people that died on 9/11. We hold memorials to them but who mourns the 4,000 souls? I know one who definitely does. In the Bible God states. I have known you before you were born and I know the numbers of hair on your head. Wow we as a nation are killing children who God has known for a eternity. As you see the Catholic has a right to opinion as long as it does not stand against the main teachings of the Church as I have just shown. This is far different than taking up a liberal or conservative cause that acknowledges violence and marching down the street being violent also. Satan offered Jesus the kingdoms of the world if he would bow before him. But Jesus sent the Devil away empty handed and rejected the power over all those kingdoms. It seems to me he was not real interested in politics. Some accuse Catholics just puppet what the Pope says. Catholics have opinions like anybody else however we are bound on issues like abortion, the death penalty or other such decrees of the Holy Fathers Church. Some don't like a new priest in the parish. Their opinion true but it should be kept to himself to not bring dissension to the Church. We are sitting here in this world but we are told not to be part of it. So politics is an arena we should leave alone unless we feel drawn by Christ to enter that arena to fulfill his desire to work with you to bring about his plan. Sometimes it seems so hard to escape this world and not be a part of it. When you feel this way remember you are human and all those bad things are still roaming around out there waiting to trip you up. When you trip pray ask God to help you in any matter he will never allow you to fall by these means. And if you do fall perhaps God is trying to teach you something or prepare you for greater graces so you may bring him glory in all you do.

I was going to stop here but a event occurred in the past 24 hours that is detestable in my view. Susan Serandon speaking at a film event called Pope Benedict XVI a "Nazi". I have to comment on this as I have a great deal of experience and knowledge concerning WWII. I have been in Berlin and spoke with many Germans about WWII as well as Hitler's rise to power. I actually had a chance to speak to a old lady who lived across the street from my base about Krystal Nacht. The night of the broken glass or long knives as some have learned was when he eliminated all opposition in a single horrible night or murder. She was able to hear the firing squads at Andrews Kasserne all night. If you have never seen a movie entitled "Swing Kids" I beg you to watch it. It is a very authentic view of the early Nazi movement and how kids who liked swing music from the US resisted being sucked into the Nazi nightmare. Service in the Hitler Youth was required of all German children male and female, To be so ignorant of this fact Ms Serandon comes across as both foolish and somebody who is desperately trying to hang on to the limelight. She is to be pitied not condemned. For we hate the sin but love the sinner but with a statement so vile I am hard pressed to do so. This is paramount to accusing President Lincoln of being pro-slavery for the first two years of his Presidency because he waited two years to sign The Emancipation Proclamation until 1963. Nothing could be further from the truth. In 1861 thru 1862 the north had many defeats and the poorest of military leadership. In the Battle of Sharpsburg the South's attempt to invade Maryland and gain support there was turned away and Lee was forced to withdraw. It was only then that President Lincoln had both the initiative as well as proof of ability to enforce this bill. So the one day Pope Benedict was forced as with all the other children to join the HJ (Hitler Youth or HJ as this was the slang term for it). Calling him a Nazi for having to do this is like declaring that all abortions are the fault of the child in the womb it makes no sense. I will pray for you Ms Sarandon that you may be forgiven. I will have allot to answer for before God when I get there. Thankfully this will be hers to answer for not mine.

Remember to be the mouse that whispered!
Good night and God Bless you all.

PS
I apologize if the post seems more disjointed than usual. It is so due to the fact of being human myself I was embroiled on anger at Ms Sarandon's statement. I will try to do better in the future. So that makes two actresses who.s movues will never be seen in my house Jane Fonda (My Father came home a disabled vet from Vietnam) and MS Sarandon's movies yes I do forgive them both however it is my choice to never put a dime in their pockets from my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet