Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2012

which type are you?

Greetings on yet another day that God has graced us to be alive. Today's subject is on a bit of a touchy subject and so I ask your forgiveness in advance. Some will say I am judgmental but if you read the previous post I have made serious mistakes also. I feel now is the time to brush this subject with the approach of Lent not more
than 25 days away and I am going to try to word myself right.
There (to me) are many different Catholics within the church. I have seen what are called the evangelical Catholics the tend to blend Pentecostal and  Catholic, This movement is not recognized by the Church so it is something we should try to avoid.  I have found great people of faith who knowledge I would trust in a second I admire their faith and works very much. These people are easy to spot their countenance and ways radiate a light I wish I had. I of course do have felt but it seems I struggle more perhaps due to my feeling that I am convinced that I am not worthy that Christ would even take notice of a person such as I. I must say however his graces and mercy sometimes leave me in awe. I try to say thank you to all the graces that I see, most of us get up and we find ourselves rushing to do the tasks that the day requires. But how many of us thank God for the day and his unending mercy. The Bible states " With out God I am capable of  nothing". We must end,we must endeavor to believe the Holy Scriptures and realize every breath, step, every success is because God allowed it. So I believe that a daily thanks and a few thanks when you can remember is critical.
Then of course there are others the stay at home Catholics who show once a year if lucky. They may have become for one reason or another and just quit going. Usually if they really dig into it they just enjoy Sundays free. So they justify it to serve their purpose. It is stated in the Canon Laws you should Confess one time per year the same for attendance. However to miss Mass is a Mortal sin so if you attend one time a year and then confess it and start staying home again until that one day attendance mark hits again you confessed a sin that you have no sorrow for so God will not forgive nor should a Priest because you have no sorrow for the sin God is many things but not a pez dispenser with his forgiveness. It is this I find a great deal that
I cannot understand. It is a common knowledge that you must be sorry for your sin for God to forgive you. Many believe that one the Priest forgives they are forgiven by God I would not bank on that at all.
Sadly tomorrow will be a very hard day for me. I am going to have to speak to my son and his Girlfriend they are both young and believe themselves to be very much in love. My Son was a virgin until he got with her. She had family violence issues to the point she left home. I gave her shelter however I did not allow them even to sleep in the same room. My Son slept on a cot in my room while the young lady bunked with my Daughter. Early this week they came and said they wanted to move in with her folks. Sadly I find out why the girls Mother is allowing them to sleep together, having a 21 year old son is difficult because legally he can't be taken by the ear and dragged home. Yes it will be a tough day tomorrow but as I said. With God's help perhaps I can reason with them. Of course if I cannot I must wait for him to understand what a huge mistake he is making. For we may hate the sin but we also must love the sinner. Hopefully soon my prodigal Son to return.

God Bless you all!
As  tomorrow is Sunday there will be no post as it is a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet